<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm An Accident Waiting to Happen"




Actress breaks arm performing 'Accident'

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Actress Sutton Foster was rehearsing a number called "I'm An Accident Waiting to Happen" earlier this week when she fell and broke her arm.

"I wasn't even dancing," the Tony-winner said Thursday. "I was just stepping backward, and my feet went forward, and I fell backward and caught myself with my hands."

She was rehearsing the musical "The Drowsy Chaperone," which is scheduled to open November 18 at Los Angeles' Ahmanson Theatre.

Foster said the show will go on, although she'll have to modify her performance until her arm heals. Such planned stunts as a dive roll through a hoop, cartwheels and complicated lifts are being eliminated.

Foster won a Tony in 2002 for the Broadway production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie."