<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Review of Issues Regarding Embryonic Stem Cell Research, Part II


First, let me apologize to my (few though they may be) regular readers for the hiatus.  I've been tuning my Linux installation, getting it to work with my PDA and memory stick.  Still can't get the Via 6410 driver to work, so I'll have to limp along with 4 IDE devices for now.

It occurs to me that, perhaps, the technical difficulties involved in getting Linux to work are in some way similar to the technical hurdles that await stem cell researchers. I'll have to think about that some more. 

Anyway, on to the subject: human embryonic stem cell research.  This is turning into a big issue in the presidential election.  It appears that the Democratic Party is making an issue out of this.  From my reading of the headlines, I have the impression that the Republican Party would rather not argue this issue. In this post, I look at the political issue that is brewing, and also examine the viabiity of the argument that human embryonic stem cell reaearch should not be done, because it is an affront to human dignity. Read the rest at The Rest of the Story.